Wednesday, April 6, 2011

OH MAI COD (Silent Hill Talk)

Cross posted from dA.

I've been addicted to Silent Hill for the past months since I've been digging around dad's old PlayStation Games. My Resident Evil fanatic inside just died of boredom and is looking for something that has a very unique storyline. There are loads of games in PlayStation One, so I went CD swimming. I was so lucky that I found the old Silent Hill game, and surprisingly, it's still with it's great condition! I was a little kid when I watch me dad play the game in PSone and I was scared to wits. Now I'm big enough to handle horror games, I decided to play it on our old PStwo (we don't have PSthree because we need a Flat-Screen TV). Dude, I was still scared! But, unlike Resident Evil, the game has a real story, that isn't written in reports, papers found all around and stuff. Told STRAIGHT OUT.
But no offense to RE, I still love that game with all the guns and stuff.

For a while now, my little sister, who actually finished the games Silent Hill 1, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (there are problems with Silent Hill 3 and 4's CDs, so we can't play it, sadly...maybe because the CDs had been jealous or something) asked a very interesting yet hard-to-answer-because-I-can't-decide-which-is-who question: She asked me who is my favorite character among these protagonists: Harry Mason (SHone), James Sunderland (SHtwo), or Travis Grady (SHOrigins)?
In that point, I hesitated; those guys are actually cool. In my mind I was like, "Can I wait until we know all of the protagonists of the series? Like Henry Townsend (we already watch dad play him. He's kinda cool), Heather Mason (Unfortunately, the Game Disc Broke before playing her), and Alex Shepherd (WE NEED HOMECOMING, like, NOW)? We haven't check those guys yet."
But Sis wanted a straight answer. I said nothing. But I think I should stick with Travis for a while. But Harry was like, "THE BADDASS DAD IN WHOLE GAMING HISTORY" and James "NEEDED A HUG FROM HIS WIFE, THAT'S ALL."

So, I still said nothing.

But Silent Hill 1 is still my most favorite game of all the games.
Now I've been reading a Silent Hill fan Novelization for a guide, because, I too, will write a fan novelization, but with a Twist. Your Mileage may Vary (i.e. your opinions will change) on it, but still, I think it'll be awesome. It's still Fanfiction, I say.

But then, today, I was browsing the internet for REAL SH official novelizations, and when I read some, I was leaping in joy. Now all I need is to complete my studies on Japanese language, order a few copies from amazon, and parteh all around! But something very interesting came up in search: a fan decided to translate the Silent Hill 2 novel! I came across this, being translated by Ducky. I salute to her, for she will translate SH1 and SH3 too. I'll read the translation soon.

In other news, Summer Vacation is here!

Sorry for the long post, but I just want to let out my SH fanatic inside of me in the minute I opened dA. And I need something to help relieve myself from Hard and Strict Tennis Training. Well, nothing to hide now. Back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment