Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fan Pairings = OOC?

Sorry, our exclusive for today is not about my Sister's epic prediction about The Lost Hero, but I have an interesting discussion.

So, a little while ago, I had a stomach ache from eating a spoonful of cornbeef for breakfast. D:
Yes, I know, it's not cool.
So, I didn't eat all the breakfast, had a few trips to the bathroom and laid down on the bed while watching TV. And, oh, I watched an episode of Charmed on TV.

It could've been the happiest hour of the day If I didn't have my stomach aches.

My little sister was using the computer (since I have stomach aches, and TV was near the computer) when I was watching Charmed. The characters were just speaking/throwing out the other characters names, as usual, since this is a TV show. Some of the names made my sister's eye twitch. And I had smug look on my face when I was seeing that. Seriously, I was having fun watching her instead of the show.

So there was this one scene at the almost end of the episode that made my sister go ballistic. Here's the convo we had when we were watching it:

Sister: So who's that dude? He's name is Leo...am I wrong?

Me: Oh? Oh, yeah, that's his name.
Sister: And...who's the girl's he's hugging? Is that his wife or something, since they look at the kids weirdly. Me: Oh her? Her name's Piper.
Sister: O_O OMGZWTF WHEN?!!?

...then that's when she went ballistic and went ranting. I told her that it's really their names (well names of the characters the actors are playing) and I'm not making it up. And yes, maybe Rick Riordan got those names from the show for the book as a shoutout, but that's just me and TVtropes, so we're not totally sure. No, I told her Charmed is a different fandom from The Heroes of Olympus. And no, she is not angry for this Leo/Piper thing. Actually, that's her OTP for The Heroes Of Olympus.
TVtropes, you rock!

....and you're saying, "what?"

Yeah, that was my reaction as well.
But I ain't against that OTP. I think it's cute. xD But don't tell that to anyone, shhhh....

Actually, I have never seen my little sister pick up a fan pairing (other than iCarly's Seddie, which, probably, is slowly becoming an official couple, but that's just the internet). She's always go with the flaw when it comes to pairings, but when was reading the book, she boldly stated that she was uncomfortable with this Jason/Piper thingy.

You should've seen us when we were watching iStart a Fan war. W
e also brought out our pitchforks and yelled "Seddie!" to the TV along with the people.

She said she wasn't comfortable with the pairing, so she quickly moved around the book and found another one. It took me days to figure it out! She just won't spill it! I mean, she wrote the pairing's names in codes and I don't even know what it means! I didn't know she invented the code! D8

But after a painstaking week, a couple of fan-pairings ("Jason/Thalia? Piper/Thalia? Leo/Khione? Leo/Thalia? Jason/Leo? Oh, goodness sake, sis, spill it out!! D:"), I finally force it out of her. My initial reaction?

Me:...welcome to the club, sis! High-Five! 8D

I'm actually a go-with-the-flow pairing dude myself, though, 20% of the time and fandom, I rage war.
But seeing my sister pick up a fan pairing...that is so not her. At all. But I told her that nothing is wrong with picking up a fan-made (I told her the internet do that a lot of times), and it's pretty much just a fantasy of some fan. But, if you're really serious, sis, then put on your shipping goggles,and start defending your ship! DX

Maybe this is all for today's post. I typed too much, and I kinda feel sick today (and that mood theme of Ron up there is making me feel uncomfortable). Okay guys, logging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment